Kaltenbach KPSA 167 Punching & Shearing Machine
Automatic Sorting and Trim of Remnant Cuts
See It Work
Flange-Punching Unit: High Flexibility
- High quality punching and long tool life
High Quality in Production
- Shearing unit in low vibration and durable cast steel construction with multiple use shear blade
Marking unit with triple marking wheel for angle steel
- Each character can be exchanged separately
Automatic material thickness measuring
- Error prevention during operation process
Fast Material Cross Transport
- Load-bearing conveyor chains enable the easy, low-noise transport of materials
- Ensured supply of materials for optimal process flow
Standard Equipment for Punching- and Shearing Systems
- Running on backlash-free linear bearings, with servo-regulated positioning drive with rotary encoder and planetary gearing via rack and pinion
- High positioning accuracy
Standard Equipment for Punch-Shear Machines
Automatic Length Measuring
Standard Equipment of Punch-Shear Machines
Secure transport of material
Optional Equipment Length Measuring System
Good piece/rest bar separator for long parts
Optional Equoment Transport System
Good piece/scrap separator for short parts
MULTILINE – Easy, user friendly machine operation
- Programming of orders via colour touchscreen with large keypads directly on the machine control console
MULTILINE – Order manager
- Create, copy and delete orders
- Graphic display of individual positions within an order
MULTILINE – Profile database
- Comprehensive profile database
- Easily expandable
- Graphic display of workpiece forms
MULTILINE – Tool manager
- Tool Changer setup based on the tool type and diameter
MULTILINE – Production data report
- Recording of production times of individual pieces or entire orders
MULTILINE – Data transfer and data response
- Data input directly on the machine control console
- Data import in DSTV or DSTV+ format
- Data export of previously produced parts in DSTV feedback format to any directory
Whether by telephone, email or remote access, with the Helpdesk module you can take advantage of the expertise from our helpdesk team, for telephone advice and support. With remote access we can fix (in 90% of cases) the problem quickly ensuring the highest possible system availability.
- Wide ranging and professional fault diagnostics and solution.
- Shorter and less frequent service calls through targeted preparation.
- Individual advice and support.
Minimize your downtime and achieve the best possible quality processing results from your KALTENBACH machine, always maintained by us with regular, expert inspection and maintenance – Always at competitive costs!
- YOU WILL NEVER NEED TO WORRY ABOUT MAINTENANCE WITH THIS MODULE.
- Minimum plant downtime.
- Transparent costs.
- Cost reduction through early fault detection and elimination.
SPARE PARTS & TOOLS MODULE
Tools, wear parts and consumables. We can give comprehensive advice on all of your needs, their technical suitability and their optimum use. By request we provide you with a monthly, quarterly or annual contract. Spare parts at competitive prices.
- WITH ORIGINAL KALTENBACH PARTS YOUR MACHINE LIVES LONGER.
- THE SPARE PARTS MODULE WILL ALSO SAVE YOU MONEY.
- Reliable and fast delivery.
- Guaranteed spare parts supply.
TRAINING & EDUCATION MODULE
Every machine is only as good as it’s operator. Regular refresher – Training and / or technology training for your operators and maintenance staff, will not only improve the productivity of your KALTENBACH machine, but also increases the professional qualifications of your employees.
- EXPERTISE AND BUILD YOUR KNOWLEDGE THROUGH THE TRAINING MODULE.
- Specially tailored to your needs and equipment.
- Increasing the life of the machine.
- Reducing errors, downtime and setup times.
- Ensuring consistent processing and product quality.
- Ensuring Factory Settings are maintained by highly trained maintenance personnel.
Q1: Why would a steel service centre or fabricator invest in the shear for cutting U, H profiles up to 410mm that is the PERFECT option for TRUSS WEB compared to cope/bandsaw times?
A1: Steel service centres would win more and push ore steel through the Kaltenbach beamline with the shearing unit deployed. Simply open up the bandsaw so the profiles can pass into the shearing unit that can be moved into position from its parking station. Steel Service Centres want to push out output and fabricators wants to receive steel to faster schedules
Q2: Why would a fabricator include the capability to shear H & U profiles with the Kaltenbach Shearing unit in 3 seconds that increases the cost of the beamline considering the bandsaw will still need to be commissioned for larger profiles and mitre cutting?
A2: The fabricator can NOW take on 2-3 projects as the beamline bandsaw is not slowing down the workshops capacity to win a 2nd or 3rd project that may include many trusses. Most fabricators have witnessed the trend for builders to specify trusses so the weight of steel can be removed from the project to reduce the cost of the roof structure. Fabricators understand the footprint and labour required to fabricate steel trusses. With the Kaltenbach beamline layout marking the truss positions on the main ‘cord’ beams and then shearing the web in 3 seconds compared to bandsaw times the schedule, capacity and profit are all improved so clients of SMS and Kaltetenbach will dominate this space.
Click the testimonials and case studies to see the positive gains your peers are gaining:
How to Buy?
- Intro) Advice Made of Steel – Handshake & Hello
- Step 1) Steel Processing Innovation
- Step 2) Working Together – Market Position
- Step 3) Working Together – PEST Analysis
- Step 4) Selection of Equipment & Selection of Solution
- Step 5) SWOT Analysis
- Step 6) Automation Design Lifecycle Planning
- Step 7) Business Process Brief
- Step 8) Balanced Scorecard
- Step 9) Confidentiality Agreement
- Step 10) Flexibility Study Part 1
- Step 11) Flexibility Study Part 2
- Step 12) Flexibility Study Part 3
- Step 13) Flexibility Study Part 4
- Step 14) Flexibility Study Part 5
Kaltenbach KPSA 167 Punching & Shearing Machine
Powerful Punching-Shearing Machine for Angle Steel up to [mm] 160 x 160 x 19
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
- High punching and shearing force
- Robust, low-maintenance design for long-term investment
- Automatic die clearance setting for optimum shearing results
- Quick-change tooling system to minimise idle times
- Material transportation speed of 100 m/min for low transportation times
- Sorting system for good parts
- Triple marking unit marks up to 3 characters a second
- The design is influenced by years of experience in punching and shearing
- Sturdy construction for low vibration and thus improved punching and shearing results
- Compact machine design for space-saving installation
- Fast service support through help desk via remote support
Auditable, deliverable, measurable and evidence based metrics will be provided so your strategic team can calculate the ROI, capacity increase and man hours reduced from a Kaltenbach KPSA 167 Punching & Shearing Machine. SMS will evaluate your current position and ongoing strategy, we will then assess any gaps to successfully deliver to your business and your clients.