Kaltenbach KDM 615 Profile Drilling / Beamline Machine
Solid Carbide Tools
See It Work
Material Marking by Means of a Milling Tool on the Drill Head
- Application of reference boundaries for welding add-on pieces
- DSTV-Data import
- Use of high-speed carbide tools
- In addition to the three drill axis – marking from the bottom (4th axis)
Fast Marking Process
- Fast marking process for applying letters and numerals
- Up to 22 characters without material movement
- Can be integrated into fully-automated handling processes
- Imprint still clearly visible after galvanizing or painting
- Automatic, continual swarf removal
- Can be Installed on either side of the machine
High Drilling Performance
- Drill feed via ballscrew spindle and servo motor
- Constant and repeatable feed rates
- Use of HSS, carbide and solid carbide tools
- SK 40 tool holder
Short Changing Times for Tools
- Automatic tool change on all drilling units for the most common tool sizes (magazine capacity 3 x 5)
- Linear tool magazine positioned directly alongside the drilling axes
- Tool change automatically sets the correct speed and feed rate values
- Automatic drill length sensing
Low Wear and Low Maintenance
- Drill carriage mounted on dual play-free, pre-stressed linear guide elements
- High precision during axis movement and when drilling
- Ball screw with servomotor for high-precision positioning
Automatic Material Clamping and Material Measurement
- Horizontal clamping device with fixed and movable clamping jaws and long-stroke clamping cylinder
- Vertical clamping device with four hold-down devices for clamping the material to the machine rollers
- The clamping devices measure the height and width of the section to be processed for material cross-checking control
- Optimum clamping of the workpiece during the drilling process
- NC-controlled cutting angle setting. Powerful clamping system to ensure high cutting quality and long saw band life
Drilling length measurement
- Light barrier for automatic drilling length measurement
- Powerful and reliable clamping system reduces vibrations and so prolongs tool life
- Intelligent material management and dimensional tolerance control
Connection to Steel Roller Conveyor
Cross Transport by Means of Lift-and-Carry System (As an Alternative to Drag Chains)
Low-Noise Material Cross Transport
By lightly raising the material using polyamide-coated rollers integrated into the roller conveyor, the traditional “steel on steel” noise from cross transporting profiles is significantly reduced. Transport technology in steel construction and steel trading will be revolutionized through this new system.
- Fully-automatic control
- Contributes to enhanced occupational safety and the protection of personnel and the environment
Space Saving Measuring System on the Feed Side
M 152 GG Sliding Measuring Carriage with Two Grippers
Cross Transport with lifting pins
Cross Transport with lifting pins
Fast Material Cross Transport
- Material stock in heavy-duty steel construction
- Sliding rails of synthetic material (polyamide) for low-noise material cross transport
- Drag chains with transport claws
- Drive system with continuously-variable frequency-controlled gear motor
T 13 Transport System for Steel Construction and Steel Service Centers
T 13 Modular Expandable Conveyor Roller System
Universal Measuring System on the Feed Side
M 151 G Sliding Measuring Carriage with Gripper
PROFILINE – Easy, user friendly machine operation
- Programming of orders via color touchscreen with large keypads directly on the machine control console
PROFILINE – Order manager
- Create, copy and delete orders
- Graphic display of individual positions within an order
PROFILINE – Profile database
- Comprehensive profile database
- Easily expandable
- Graphic display of workpiece forms
PROFILINE – Tool manager
- Tool Changer setup based upon the tool type and diameter
- Allocation of the drill diameter to rotational speed settings and feed rates
PROFILINE – Production data report
- Recording of production times of individual pieces or entire orders
PROFILINE – Data transfer and data response
- Data input directly on the machine’s control console
- Data import in DSTV or DSTV+ format
- Data export of previously produced parts in DSTV feedback format to any directory
Whether by telephone, email or remote access, with the Helpdesk module you can take advantage of the expertise from our helpdesk team, for telephone advice and support. With remote access we can fix (in 90% of cases) the problem quickly ensuring the highest possible system availability.
- Wide ranging and professional fault diagnostics and solution.
- Shorter and less frequent service calls through targeted preparation.
- Individual advice and support.
Minimize your downtime and achieve the best possible quality processing results from your KALTENBACH machine, always maintained by us with regular, expert inspection and maintenance – Always at competitive costs!
- YOU WILL NEVER NEED TO WORRY ABOUT MAINTENANCE WITH THIS MODULE.
- Minimum plant downtime.
- Transparent costs.
- Cost reduction through early fault detection and elimination.
SPARE PARTS & TOOLS MODULE
Tools, wear parts and consumables. We can give comprehensive advice on all of your needs, their technical suitability and their optimum use. By request we provide you with a monthly, quarterly or annual contract. Spare parts at competitive prices.
- WITH ORIGINAL KALTENBACH PARTS YOUR MACHINE LIVES LONGER.
- THE SPARE PARTS MODULE WILL ALSO SAVE YOU MONEY.
- Reliable and fast delivery.
- Guaranteed spare parts supply.
TRAINING & EDUCATION MODULE
Every machine is only as good as it’s operator. Regular refresher – Training and / or technology training for your operators and maintenance staff, will not only improve the productivity of your KALTENBACH machine, but also increases the professional qualifications of your employees.
- EXPERTISE AND BUILD YOUR KNOWLEDGE THROUGH THE TRAINING MODULE.
- Specially tailored to your needs and equipment.
- Increasing the life of the machine.
- Reducing errors, downtime and setup times.
- Ensuring consistent processing and product quality.
- Ensuring Factory Settings are maintained by highly trained maintenance personnel.
Click the testimonials and case studies to see the positive gains your peers are gaining:
- If your fabrication workshop is not considering synchronising the shot-blasting and beamline together and working both machines in lights out automation perhaps you should be?
- Why is the steel service centre culture committed to investing in the cheapest beamline with limited capability, automation, speed or service reliability? No wonder value can not be provided to every profile competitively
- Why the fabricator needs to invest in a smarter machine than the steel service centre
- A fabricator should ask these questions before purchasing a beamline/coping robot to compare the workshop footprint ROI from loss of fabrication vs benefits of internal processing
- Ordering a beamline that works with NO LABOUR and in 100% automatic mode and lights out when everyone has left the factory
- Benefits for fabricating in house & reasons why to stop losing money purchasing processed steel from steel service centres that increase your fabrication man-hours by 40%, increase schedule & cost by 40%
- Any beamline manufacturer or agent of traditional beamlines or automatic systems must answer these critical questions to ensure the fabricator will be competitive
- Why the steel service centre refuses to include layout marking for add-on-parts AOP’s
- So what’s the problem with the steel service committing the cheapest beamline specification on the market?
How to Buy?
- Intro) Advice Made of Steel – Handshake & Hello
- Step 1) Steel Processing Innovation
- Step 2) Working Together – Market Position
- Step 3) Working Together – PEST Analysis
- Step 4) Selection of Equipment & Selection of Solution
- Step 5) SWOT Analysis
- Step 6) Automation Design Lifecycle Planning
- Step 7) Business Process Brief
- Step 8) Balanced Scorecard
- Step 9) Confidentiality Agreement
- Step 10) Flexibility Study Part 1
- Step 11) Flexibility Study Part 2
- Step 12) Flexibility Study Part 3
- Step 13) Flexibility Study Part 4
- Step 14) Flexibility Study Part 5
- Case Study – If your fabrication workshop is not considering synchronising the shot-blasting and beamline together and working both machines in lights out automation perhaps you should be?
- Case Study – So what’s the problem with the steel service committing the cheapest beamline specification on the market?
- Case Study – Why the steel service centre refuses to include layout marking for add-on-parts AOP’s
- Case Study – Why is the steel service centre culture committed to investing in the cheapest beamline with limited capability, automation, speed or service reliability? No wonder value can not be provided to every profile competitively
- Case Study – Why the fabricator needs to invest in a smarter machine than the steel service centre
- Case Study – A fabricator should ask these questions before purchasing a beamline/coping robot to compare the workshop footprint ROI from loss of fabrication vs benefits of internal processing
- Case Study – Ordering a Beamline that works with NO LABOUR
- Case Study – Benefits for fabricating in house & reasons why to stop losing money purchasing processed steel from steel service centres that increase your fabrication man-hours by 40%, increase schedule & cost by 40%
- Case Study – Any beamline manufacturer or agent of traditional beamlines or automatic systems must answer these critical questions to ensure the fabricator will be competitive
Kaltenbach KDMK 615 Profile Drilling / Beamline Machine
Powerful Drilling for Profiles
Capacity range W x H [mm]: 600 x 500 and Number of Tools: 15
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
- Capacity Range (w x h): 600 × 500 mm
- Robust, low-vibration design prolongs machine and tool life
- Machine portal in robust welded construction incorporating two horizontal and one vertical drilling unit
- Three drill axes with a total of 15 tools and automatic tool-changing system
- Powerful drives and modern spindle construction for high- performance machining
- Efficient drilling, contour-marking, centre-marking, counter-sinking and thread-cutting on all three drill axes simultaneously
- Powerful clamping system reliably holds material and reduces vibrations to prolong band life
- Intelligent material measurement integrated into clamping system for greater process reliability
- Rapid/working feed concept for shorter idle times
- Servomotor and ball screw for high-precision drill axis positioning and feed control
- A saw can be incorporated to create a saw-drill combination
- Milling of standard contours
- Carbide and solid carbide drills can be used to significantly reduce production times
Auditable, deliverable, measurable and evidence based metrics will be provided so your strategic team can calculate the ROI, capacity increase and man hours reduced from a Kaltenbach KDM 615 Profile Drilling / Beamline Machine. SMS will evaluate your current position and ongoing strategy, we will then assess any gaps to successfully deliver to your business and your clients.