Zeman SBW Terminator 760 – Structural Steel Beam Welding Machine
What It Does
Q1: What type of fabricators are investing in the SBW Terminator?
A1: The first type are fabricators have previously commissioned a Zeman SBA and they are now requiring a fast weld out system. The second type are investing in the SBW to enter the automation space with the peace of mind they can convert the SBW to SBA at a later stage. The third type has automated the layout marking on all four sides so their fit up is faster & accurate.
Q2: Can the SBW have two welding robots commissioned?
A2: Currently no, as a dual welding robot system is the Zeman Eco Plus that can then later be converted to an SBA Compact Plus.
Q3: Should a workshop invest in an SBW or SBA first?
A3: That depends if your workshop is layout marking on all four sides of your profile. When the fabricator has saved five minutes layout marking, the fit up and assembly time is decreased with reading drawings, supervision & quality control.
A good 2nd-year apprentice can be fitting up the Add-On-Parts of a skilled boilermaker/fitter. When the workshop is faster for the fit up, increasing arc on efficiency with automatic welding with a Zeman SBW or Eco machines is an appropriate strategy to increase competitive advantage.
See It Work
How It Works / Brochures
Q1. Can the SBW be converted to an SBA with plug and play at a later stage?
A1. YES, the scanner box and part table can be commissioned to convert the SBW to the SBA on your workshop floor at any time. There may be some cost advantage to inform Zeman this is your workshops ambition before the SBW leaves Austria so the machine can be plugged and played in a method on your workshop floor.
Q2. Does the profile require shot blasting prior to welding add on parts automatically with the SBW?
A2. Yes to ensure the weld procedure is consistent and accurate profile needs to be clean or it will scale and rust. Shot blasting is the best strategy to achieve this
Q3. How does the SBW weld a full penetration weld?
A3. Similar to traditional methods. It would be more efficient for the assembly fitter to weld the root run and back grind the weld before presenting the profile to be out on the SBW, Then the SBW welds out the fillet welding automatically.
Auditable, deliverable, measurable and evidence-based metrics will be provided so your strategic team can calculate the ROI, capacity increase and man-hours reduced from a Zeman SBW Terminator machine. Send us 10 profiles so time studies can be evaluated and compared to your traditional welding practices.
- Tekla & Zeman Webinar
- Zeman SBA Robot at Prospect Steel – Automated fitting and welding become reality in structural steel fabrication
- About Zeman – Modern Steel Construction Editorial
- Discover how to fabricate more with less floor space and machinery
- A winning strategy for lowering cost-tonne of structural steel fabrication
- The best way to measure a ROI from a beam assembly machine for your business
- The untold secret on how to program a cleat to be welded and assembled in 30 seconds
- The secret to increasing fabrication output with fewer welders is revealed
- Get Metal Work and Keep It!
- How Does Your Business Select the Correct Machine?
- How Do I Recognise Good Advice for my Business?
- How to Purchase the Correct Machine
Ask us for time studies and software demonstrations today.
- Invite – Steelfab 2020 in UAE
- Invite – Presentation of Automation Concepts at “Zeman” in Austria
- Zeman Around the Globe in One Week
- Zeman at FABTECH 2019 in Chicago
- Zeman SBA Machines
- Tekla & Zeman Webinar
- Invitation – HGG & Zeman
- Day Two at Euroblech
- Invitation – Euroblech 2018 Hanover, Germany
- Invitation – Zeman Open House & Euroblech 2016
- Invitation – Zeman Open House in Auckland 2016
Zeman – Zeman SBW Terminator 760 – Structural Steel Beam Welding Machine
The Single Rail SBW (Steel Beam Welder) has been designed for high volume sales achieved by standardised machinery components that result in faster delivery time and lower prices. Zeman has listened to the fabricators around the world that experience a high demand for their local market of qualified welders.
The SBW Terminator is designed to be offered as the ‘hamburger with the lot’. The fabricator only needs to select the width of the rotator and length of master profile.
The SBW can be converted to an SBA with plug and play principles when the scanner box, assembly robot and Add-On-Parts table can be commissioned at a later date.
Auditable, deliverable, measurable and evidence based metrics will be provided so your strategic team can calculate the ROI, capacity increase and man hours reduced from a Zeman Steel Beam Welding Machine. SMS will evaluate your current position and on going strategy, we will then assess any gaps to successfully deliver to your business and your clients.