Zeman Single Rail Compact – Structural Steel Beam Assembly Machine
What It Does
Q1: What is the function of the tunnel opening on the welding robot
A1: The assembly robot is on the same track as the welding robot. So the assembly robot can assemble a foot and head plate on the main profile. The assembly robot can drive through the tunnel of the welding robot to access both sides of the welding robot for assembly and welding purposes.
Q2: Is there a speed difference between the Single Rail SBA and the SBA’s when the assembly robot is on their dedicated track?
A2:The budget assembly and fitting time for the SR-SBA is 1.4-4.5 minutes per AOP. The Compact budget assembly time is 1.2 minutes and the Conti is 1 minute per Add-On-Part
Q3: Can a side loader be used with a Single Rail SBA?
A4: Yes the side loader can be used with the SR-SBA as the assembly robot is on the same track as the welding robot. This allows the side loader to material handle the main profile directly into the rotators.
Q4: What is a DUPLEX SR-SBA and what are the advantages compared to the SR-SBA?
A4: The Duplex SR-SBA has a 2nd fabrication cell with two additional rotors and a longer track. The assembly and welding robot can travel in the 2nd zone once the fabrication has been completed in zone 1. This allows the unloading and loading a new profile in Zone 1 whilst the SBA is fabricating in Zone 2. This eliminates 5 minutes in material handling. The DUPLEX SR-SBA is very productive for a minimal investment of a longer track and two additional rotators.
Q5: Can the Zeman tack, assemble and weld out profiles with mild scale and rust?
A5: Yes, it can with flux core wire.
See It Work
How It Works / Brochures
Q1:Why has the price been reduced by 25% when compared with the compact SBA?
A1: The compact SR SBA has the assembly robot on it’s own track, whereas the single rail has both the assembly robot and welding robot on the same track. The rotators have a cost effective design to handle profile up to 750mm wide. The footprint is four meters shorter and two meters more narrow and three meters shorter, for example to fabricate an 18m profile to 18m x 8m x 3.2m.
Q2: Why can a side loader be used on the single rail SBA?
A2: Answer Because the assembly robot is on the same track as the welding loading profile with a side loader, or over crane is possible.
Q3: What are the other unique advantages of the SBA?
A3. The only options to select are length and width of profile to be fabricated 12 or 18 meters or 600 / 750 wide rotators. All other options are such as multi welding, remote diagnostics, camera and software.
Q4. Can the SR SBA be converted to a duplex layout at a later stage to eliminate any material handling for the main profiles?
A4. Yes, you can have zone A fabricating whilst material handling is loaded and unloading the main profile in zone B. When the fabricated profile in zone A has completed the welding and assembly robots travel to zone B to start the fabrication process on the new profile that has been loaded. Therefore the benefit of the duplex SR SBA has zero material handling for the main profile which allows more beams to be fabricated.
Auditable, deliverable, measurable and evidence based metrics will be provided so your strategic team can calculate the ROI, capacity increase and man hours reduced from a Zeman Single Rail machine. SMS will evaluate your current position and on going strategy, we will then assess any gaps to successfully deliver to your business and your clients.
- Tekla & Zeman Webinar
- Zeman SBA Robot at Prospect Steel – Automated fitting and welding become reality in structural steel fabrication
- About Zeman – Modern Steel Construction Editorial
- Discover how to fabricate more with less floor space and machinery
- A winning strategy for lowering cost-tonne of structural steel fabrication
- The best way to measure a ROI from a beam assembly machine for your business
- The untold secret on how to program a cleat to be welded and assembled in 15 seconds
- The secret to increasing fabrication output with fewer welders is revealed
- Get Metal Work and Keep It!
- How Does Your Business Select the Correct Machine?
- How Do I Recognise Good Advice for my Business?
- How to Purchase the Correct Machine
Ask us for time studies and software demonstrations today.
How to Buy?
- Intro) Advice Made of Steel – Handshake & Hello
- Step 1) Steel Processing Innovation
- Step 2) Working Together – Market Position
- Step 3) Working Together – PEST Analysis
- Step 4) Selection of Equipment & Selection of Solution
- Step 5) SWOT Analysis
- Step 6) Automation Design Lifecycle Planning
- Step 7) Business Process Brief
- Step 8) Balanced Scorecard
- Step 9) Confidentiality Agreement
- Step 10) Flexibility Study Part 1
- Step 11) Flexibility Study Part 2
- Step 12) Flexibility Study Part 3
- Step 13) Flexibility Study Part 4
- Step 14) Flexibility Study Part 5
- Pacific Steel Construction NSW – Zeman SBA Australian Steel Magazine Editorial
- Zeman Virtual Open House – Walk Through
- How AU/NZ Defeat China on Small or Large Fabrication Steel Projects. You Can Too!
- Page Steel: Future Proofing Via Automation
- An Important Message from Zeman
- Invite – Open House in Austria
- Invite – Steelfab 2020 in UAE
- Zeman Around the Globe in One Week
- Zeman at FABTECH 2019 in Chicago
- Zeman SBA Machines
- Tekla & Zeman Webinar
- Invitation – HGG & Zeman
- Day Two at Euroblech
- Invitation – Euroblech 2018 Hanover, Germany
- Invitation – Zeman Open House & Euroblech 2016
- Invitation – Zeman Open House in Auckland 2016
Zeman – Single Rail Compact – Structural Steel Beam Assembly Machine
Zeman latest’s Steel Beam Assembly machine is designed for cost-effective fabrication automation.
A smaller footprint without sacrificing technology to get the job done. Fabricators can use a side loader or overhead crane for material handling the profile. There are some cost savings with the single rail design when the assembly robot is included on the same track as the welding robot. The welding robot tunnel frame allows the assembly robot to travel through the frame so add-on-parts can be assembled both sides of the welding robot. The Single Rail SBA will suit workshops fabricating profiles up to 750mm wide x 18m long. A workshop as small as 1500 tonne per year can scale their fabrication business when deploying the Zeman SR-SBA.
Auditable, deliverable, measurable and evidence based metrics will be provided so your strategic team can calculate the ROI, capacity increase and man hours reduced from a Zeman Single Rail Machine. SMS will evaluate your current position and on going strategy, we will then assess any gaps to successfully deliver to your business and your clients.