Kaltenbach KDU 250 Profile Drilling / Beamline Machine
See It Work
- Efficient drilling, punching, countersinking and thread cutting on all drilling axes and optional saw cut
Space Saving Design
- Swarf tray mounted on rollers
- Optional swarf conveyor for automated, continuous swarf removal
- In combination with circular saw KKS or bandsaw KBS as automatic saw-dill-line
Simultaneous Handling from up to four sides
- Easy manual tool change at every drilling unit, optional tool changer
- Drilling possible from below
Low wear and low maintenance
- Drill carriage mounted on dual play-free, pre-stressed linear guide elements
- High precision during axis movement and when drilling
- Ball screw with servomotor for high-precision positioning
Tool changer (Option)
- 3 tools per axis
- MK3 tool holder
High Drilling Capacity
- Drilling feed via ballscrew spindle and servo motor
- Constant and repeatable feed rates
- Use of HSS tools
Whether by telephone, email or remote access, with the Helpdesk module you can take advantage of the expertise from our helpdesk team, for telephone advice and support. With remote access we can fix (in 90% of cases) the problem quickly ensuring the highest possible system availability.
- Wide ranging and professional fault diagnostics and solution.
- Shorter and less frequent service calls through targeted preparation.
- Individual advice and support.
Minimize your downtime and achieve the best possible quality processing results from your KALTENBACH machine, always maintained by us with regular, expert inspection and maintenance – Always at competitive costs!
- YOU WILL NEVER NEED TO WORRY ABOUT MAINTENANCE WITH THIS MODULE.
- Minimum plant downtime.
- Transparent costs.
- Cost reduction through early fault detection and elimination.
SPARE PARTS & TOOLS MODULE
Tools, wear parts and consumables. We can give comprehensive advice on all of your needs, their technical suitability and their optimum use. By request we provide you with a monthly, quarterly or annual contract. Spare parts at competitive prices.
- WITH ORIGINAL KALTENBACH PARTS YOUR MACHINE LIVES LONGER.
- THE SPARE PARTS MODULE WILL ALSO SAVE YOU MONEY.
- Reliable and fast delivery.
- Guaranteed spare parts supply.
TRAINING & EDUCATION MODULE
Every machine is only as good as it’s operator. Regular refresher – Training and / or technology training for your operators and maintenance staff, will not only improve the productivity of your KALTENBACH machine, but also increases the professional qualifications of your employees.
- EXPERTISE AND BUILD YOUR KNOWLEDGE THROUGH THE TRAINING MODULE.
- Specially tailored to your needs and equipment.
- Increasing the life of the machine.
- Reducing errors, downtime and setup times.
- Ensuring consistent processing and product quality.
- Ensuring Factory Settings are maintained by highly trained maintenance personnel.
Click the testimonials and case studies to see the positive gains your peers are gaining:
- If your fabrication workshop is not considering synchronising the shot-blasting and beamline together and working both machines in lights out automation perhaps you should be?
- Why is the steel service centre culture committed to investing in the cheapest beamline with limited capability, automation, speed or service reliability? No wonder value can not be provided to every profile competitively
- Why the fabricator needs to invest in a smarter machine than the steel service centre
- A fabricator should ask these questions before purchasing a beamline/coping robot to compare the workshop footprint ROI from loss of fabrication vs benefits of internal processing
- Ordering a beamline that works with NO LABOUR and in 100% automatic mode and lights out when everyone has left the factory
- Benefits for fabricating in house & reasons why to stop losing money purchasing processed steel from steel service centres that increase your fabrication man-hours by 40%, increase schedule & cost by 40%
- Any beamline manufacturer or agent of traditional beamlines or automatic systems must answer these critical questions to ensure the fabricator will be competitive
- Why the steel service centre refuses to include layout marking for add-on-parts AOP’s
- So what’s the problem with the steel service committing the cheapest beamline specification on the market?
Kaltenbach KDU 250 Profile Drilling / Beamline Machine
Drilling Machine for Profiles
Capacity range W x H [mm]: 250 x 250
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
- Capacity Range (w x h): 250 × 250 mm
- Robust, low-vibration design prolongs machine and tool life
- Machine portal in robust welded construction
- Efficient drilling, centre-marking, counter-sinking and thread-cutting on all drill axes simultaneously
- Powerful clamping system reliably holds material and reduces vibrations to prolong band life
- Rapid/working feed concept for shorter idle times
- Servomotor and ball screw for high-precision drill axis positioning and feed control
- A saw can be incorporated to create a saw-drill combination with circular saw KKS 450 U or band saw KBS 400 DG
- Manual quick-change chuck
- Tool-centric processing minimises tool changes
- Use of HSS drills
- Up to four drill axes each with one drilling tool, optional with 3-place tool changer
Auditable, deliverable, measurable and evidence based metrics will be provided so your strategic team can calculate the ROI, capacity increase and man hours reduced from a Kaltenbach KDU 250 Profile Drilling / Beamline Machine. SMS will evaluate your current position and ongoing strategy, we will then assess any gaps to successfully deliver to your business and your clients.