HGG SPC 1500–3000 VHC – Pipe & Vessel Cutting Machine
What It Does
Q1. What is PerfectFit™ ?
A1: Holes need to be truly round and accurate in order to make sure the connecting part or nozzle fits. The holes cut on this machine have the root opening and a constant welding groove down so the part directly fit.
Q2. How do we eliminate lay-out time?
A2: The amount of time to lay-out all cut-outs is time consuming and generally done in a rather unsafe working condition. After initializing on the reference point of the vessel, accurate positioning of the marking/cutting tool allows check and control by the operator.
Q3. Does it integrate with dish heads and vessels?
A3. Apart from being installed as a stand-alone machine, the VHC can be integrated within the SPC range. This allows a machine with a single cutting tool to perform work on either vessels or dish heads, which makes SPC-VHC versatile, bringing even more value for money.
See It Work
How It Works / Brochures
Vessel Cutting Applications
Today’s challenges in the process industry are mostly related to increasingly demanding weld regulations, the need for fast and easy material traceability and the limited availability of highly-skilled welders. Pre-fabricated vessels and piping parts need to be assembled under strict pipe shops regulations. By automating the vessel head cutting process and applying smart weld preparation techniques the materials are ready for fast and easy fitting and welding. The automation of the vessel head cutting process also reduces weld volume significantly, which can in-turn reduce on-site labour costs by as much as 30%.
Laying out hole patterns, along with cutting, fitting and welding are all very time consuming processes. Holes need to be truly round and accurate. When handling thicker walls, deviations during cutting can impact greatly the welding volume. HGG’s pipe and vessel cutting machine automates and simplifies the way fabricators keep their welders doing what they are good at, without wasting a lot of time on grinding and fitting.
Apart from being installed as a stand-alone vessel head cutting machine, the SPC 3000 VHC pipe and vessel cutting machine can be integrated in the SPC range, allowing a machine with a single vessel head cutting tool to perform work on either vessels or dish heads. This makes the SPC-VHC tank head cutting and vessel cutting machine a more versatile machine bringing even more value for money.
Industry application: pipe and vessel cutting machine for pressure vessels, vessel heads, shells, dished heads, dished ends, nozzles, boilers, heat exchangers.
- HGG SPC 1500–3000 VHC Product Sheet
- HGG Corporate Brochure
- HGG Profiling Shapes – Everything you need to know
- HGG Product Portfolio
- SMS Fabrication & Steel Processing Metalworking Machinery Portfolio
Click on the profit and proof tab on this page to read the case studies that demonstrate good choices.
How to Buy?
- Intro) Advice Made of Steel – Handshake & Hello
- Step 1) Steel Processing Innovation
- Step 2) Working Together – Market Position
- Step 3) Working Together – PEST Analysis
- Step 4) Selection of Equipment & Selection of Solution
- Step 5) SWOT Analysis
- Step 6) Automation Design Lifecycle Planning
- Step 7) Business Process Brief
- Step 8) Balanced Scorecard
- Step 9) Confidentiality Agreement
- Step 10) Flexibility Study Part 1
- Step 11) Flexibility Study Part 2
- Step 12) Flexibility Study Part 3
- Step 13) Flexibility Study Part 4
- Step 14) Flexibility Study Part 5
- HGG Virtual Reality Install & Service
- Video Case Study – HGG at Civmec Australia
- Laser Pipe Cutting Vs Plasma Pipe Cutting
- Meet HGG at Fabtech in Chicago
- A World Class Airport Requires Modern Machinery
- HGG 3D Pipe Profile Cutting Machines
- HGG 3D Profile Plasma Cutting & Coping Robot
- Automated Haunch Cutting from HGG
- Invitation – HGG & Zeman – Australia
- HGG’s Machinery Helped Reduce 80% on Welding & Layout Times
- Invitation – Open House – Perth & Sydney
- Invitation – HGG Open House – New South Wales
- Day Two at Euroblech
- Invitation – Euroblech 2018 – Germany
- Thanks for Joining Us – A Great Day at the Grand Prix
- Invitation – HGG Coping Robot Open House – Sydney
HGG – SPC 1500–3000 VHC – Pipe & Vessel Cutting Machine
Vessel Head Cutting
The SPC pipe and vessel cutting machine is the answer to pressure vessel manufacturers spending too much time on lay-outs. The SPC-VHC saves fabricators time on laying out, cutting, fitting and welding.
Auditable, deliverable, measurable and evidence based metrics will be provided so your strategic team can calculate the ROI, capacity increase and man hours reduced from a HGG SPC 1500–3000 VHC Plasma Pipe Cutting Machine. SMS will evaluate your current position and on going strategy, we will then assess any gaps to successfully deliver to your business and your clients.