HGG SPC 660-1200 RB – Pipe Cutting Line / Roller Bed w Floating Chuck
What It Does
Q1. Is continuous material flow accurate?
A1: This SPC RB combines a continuous material flow with extreme accuracy. The material is loaded to the infeed buffer table, the material lengths are fed into the cutting area. The finished parts are then fed out to the outfeed buffer tables for further processing.
Q2. How does it achieve perfect cutting shapes?
A2: Instead of using extreme force to keep the material in its place, linear movement is measured and compensated on-the-fly. The mix between the advanced mechanical design and the controls managing the CNC axis result in highly accurate cuts each and every time.
Q3. CAD to machine?
A3. Using data that has already been entered into a CAD model is even more important. The SPC RB is equipped with an in-house developed software suite, allowing interface with any design system generating NC data files.
See It Work
How It Works / Brochures
Plasma pipe cutting applications
What is your greatest worry in a fabrication process? Is it the complexity of the design, poor production flow management, inefficient material handling with too much material waste, loss of control over the operating expenses, or the lack of highly skilled welders? Then, how do you deal with the increasingly tough demands and regulations on welded structural design?
Volumes and pipe sizes differ from project to project, demanding a flexible Pipe Cutting Line that prevents machinery from sitting idle in the workshop. Using traditional methods, a fabricator can typically cut 10-20 tons of pipes per day. With a plasma pipe cutting line, a fabricator can easily cut over 40 tons of pipes a day.
Industry application: plasma pipe cutting for stadiums, bridges, theme parks, expo centers, airport structures, shopping malls, cranes, trusses.
HGG’s SPC 660 – 1200 RB Pipe Cutting Line automate and simplify the way fabricators keep welding booths supplied with enough spools cut to tolerance, preventing skilled welders from wasting time fitting. Preparing a typical header with 82 beveled holes, is typically reduced from 26 hours to 2 hours.
Industry application: plasma pipe cutting for skids, frames, spools, manifolds, pipe lines, headers lobster backs, boilers, nozzles
Manually, a fabricator can typically cut a heli deck consisting of 95 pipes in 240 hours. Using an HGG Pipe Cutting Line a fabricator can cut these same 95 pipes in less than 40 hours by automating their cutting processes
Industry application: plasma pipe cutting for jackets, jack ups, heli decks, support structures, pipe racks, protection frames for subsea manifolds, boat landings.
This machine simplifies the way shipyards are keep welding booths supplied with enough spools cut to tolerance also reducing time by skilled welders. Processing 15 nozzles is reduced from 13 hours to 1 hours. Industry application: plasma pipe cutting for skids, frames, spools, manifolds, pipe lines, headers lobster backs, boilers, nozzles.
- HGG SPC RB Product Sheet
- HGG Corporate Brochure
- HGG Profiling Shapes – Everything you need to know
- HGG Product Portfolio
- How to Purchase the Correct Machine
- SMS Fabrication & Steel Processing Metalworking Machinery Portfolio
Click on the profit and proof tab on this page to read the case studies that demonstrate good choices.
Ask us for time studies and software demonstrations today.
How to Buy?
- Intro) Advice Made of Steel – Handshake & Hello
- Step 1) Steel Processing Innovation
- Step 2) Working Together – Market Position
- Step 3) Working Together – PEST Analysis
- Step 4) Selection of Equipment & Selection of Solution
- Step 5) SWOT Analysis
- Step 6) Automation Design Lifecycle Planning
- Step 7) Business Process Brief
- Step 8) Balanced Scorecard
- Step 9) Confidentiality Agreement
- Step 10) Flexibility Study Part 1
- Step 11) Flexibility Study Part 2
- Step 12) Flexibility Study Part 3
- Step 13) Flexibility Study Part 4
- Step 14) Flexibility Study Part 5
- HGG Virtual Reality Install & Service
- Video Case Study – HGG at Civmec Australia
- Laser Pipe Cutting Vs Plasma Pipe Cutting
- Meet HGG at Fabtech in Chicago
- A World Class Airport Requires Modern Machinery
- HGG 3D Pipe Profile Cutting Machines
- HGG 3D Profile Plasma Cutting & Coping Robot
- Automated Haunch Cutting from HGG
- Invitation – HGG & Zeman – Australia
- HGG’s Machinery Helped Reduce 80% on Welding & Layout Times
- Invitation – Open House – Perth & Sydney
- Invitation – HGG Open House – New South Wales
- Day Two at Euroblech
- Invitation – Euroblech 2018 – Germany
- Thanks for Joining Us – A Great Day at the Grand Prix
- Invitation – HGG Coping Robot Open House – Sydney
HGG – SPC 660-1200 RB – Pipe Cutting Line / Roller Bed w Floating Chuck
Pipe Cutting Line; Best of Both Worlds
The SPC 660-1200 chuck-type Pipe Cutting Line combines the roller bed principle for an uninterrupted material flow, while controlling the rotation of the material with a floating chuck registering linear displacement.
Auditable, deliverable, measurable and evidence based metrics will be provided so your strategic team can calculate the ROI, capacity increase and man hours reduced from a HGG SPC 660-1200 RB CNC Pipe Cutting Machine. SMS will evaluate your current position and on going strategy, we will then assess any gaps to successfully deliver to your business and your clients.