HGG MPC 450 I 500–1200 – Pipe & Box Section Cutting Machine
What It Does
Q1. How does it achieve smooth weld details?
A1: MPC software helps you minimise fitting and welding. Unique algorithms are used to create smooth cross-overs between surfaces. E.g. the cross over from the four surfaces of a box section are extrapolated in order to create a smooth weld transition on the four no. radii.
Q2. How does it achieve a perfect fit length?
A2: The MPC Pipe and Square Tube Cutting Machine combines measuring and deviation compensation techniques that ensures an excellent fit length. This is a crucial factor in 3D Profiling of boxes for skids, architectural structures, onshore rigs and roller coasters.
Q3. Quick Switch b/n Pipe and Box Section Cutting?
A3. In less than 20 minutes the MPC Pipe and Square Tube Cutting Machine can be transformed from a cutting machine that cuts pipes and tubes into a second configuration for box cutting and vice versa.
See It Work
How It Works / Brochures
Pipe and Box Cutting Applications
What is the greatest concern in fabrication? Is it the complexity of the design, managing production flow, material handling and waste, controlling operating expenses or lack of skilled welders? Then, how do fabricators deal with the ever-increasing demands placed on welded structural design, including corresponding regulations?
Material types and volume differ greatly from project to project. The solution to having machines at idle in the workshop is to have one multipurpose plasma cutting machine for pipe and box cutting instead. Traditional cutting methods allow a fabricator to cut only 10-20 tons of steel per day, while with the MPC pipe and box cutting machine one can cut over 40 tons of steel a day.
Industry application: pipe and box cutting for stadiums, bridges, theme parks, expo centers, airport structures, shopping malls, cranes, trusses.
The MPC Pipe and Square Tube Cutting Machine automates and simplifies the way fabricators maintain welding booths. It also helps fabricators maintain enough spools cut to tolerance, while preventing their skilled welders from wasting extra time on fitting. With the MPC plasma cutting machine for pipe and box cutting a typical header with 82 beveled holes on it, which usually takes around 26 hours to be fabricated, can be fabricated in only 2 hours.
Industry application: pipe and box cutting for skids, frames, spools, manifolds, pipe lines, headers lobster backs, boilers, nozzles.
Substituting manual work with automated pipe and box cutting is an increasingly popular solution for the tough project deadlines in offshore. Using the MPC pipe and box cutting machine a heli deck made of 95 pipes, usually taking around 240 hours to be fabricated, can be fabricated in less than 40 hours.
Industry application: pipe and box cutting for jackets, jack ups, heli decks, support structures, pipe racks, protection frames for subsea manifolds, boat landings.
An average of 8 welders working 10 hours a day for 6 days a week are typically needed to fabricate an entire oil rig. With the MPC Pipe and Square Tube Cutting Machine, one machine operator can successfully substitute the work of all eight welders. In this way, skilled welders can focus on what they do best – fitting and welding.
Industry application: pipe and box cutting for oil rigs, frames, support structures, pipe racks, skids.
- HGG MPC 450 I 500–1200 Product Sheet
- HGG 5G Pole Cutting Brochure
- HGG Corporate Brochure
- HGG Profiling Shapes – Everything you need to know
- HGG Product Portfolio
- SMS Fabrication & Steel Processing Metalworking Machinery Portfolio
Click on the profit and proof tab on this page to read the case studies that demonstrate good choices.
How to Buy?
- Intro) Advice Made of Steel – Handshake & Hello
- Step 1) Steel Processing Innovation
- Step 2) Working Together – Market Position
- Step 3) Working Together – PEST Analysis
- Step 4) Selection of Equipment & Selection of Solution
- Step 5) SWOT Analysis
- Step 6) Automation Design Lifecycle Planning
- Step 7) Business Process Brief
- Step 8) Balanced Scorecard
- Step 9) Confidentiality Agreement
- Step 10) Flexibility Study Part 1
- Step 11) Flexibility Study Part 2
- Step 12) Flexibility Study Part 3
- Step 13) Flexibility Study Part 4
- Step 14) Flexibility Study Part 5
- HGG Virtual Reality Install & Service
- Laser Pipe Cutting Vs Plasma Pipe Cutting
- Meet HGG at Fabtech in Chicago
- A World Class Airport Requires Modern Machinery
- HGG 3D Pipe Profile Cutting Machines
- HGG 3D Profile Plasma Cutting & Coping Robot
- Automated Haunch Cutting from HGG
- Invitation – HGG & Zeman – Australia
- HGG’s Machinery Helped Reduce 80% on Welding & Layout Times
- Invitation – Open House – Perth & Sydney
- Invitation – HGG Open House – New South Wales
- Day Two at Euroblech
- Invitation – Euroblech 2018 – Germany
- Thanks for Joining Us – A Great Day at the Grand Prix
- Invitation – HGG Coping Robot Open House – Sydney
HGG – MPC 450 I 500–1200 – Pipe & Box Section Cutting Machine
Three Machines in One
The MPC Pipe and Square Tube Cutting Machine is highly accurate and versatile. It can cut multiple profiles; pipe, flat bar and box cutting. The MPC combines the cutting capability of three machines into one machine.
Auditable, deliverable, measurable and evidence based metrics will be provided so your strategic team can calculate the ROI, capacity increase and man hours reduced from a HGG MPC 450 I 500–1200 CNC Tube Cutter & Box Section Cutter. SMS will evaluate your current position and on going strategy, we will then assess any gaps to successfully deliver to your business and your clients.