2016 clients of SMS will not need to wipe coolant from parts prior to marking with a paint pen due to the minimal coolant that is delivered to the end of the drilling tip. The MQL is a state of the art method of providing atomised lubricant combined with high-pressure air through the spindle and the tool departing at the cutting tip. The lubricant is supplied at less than 50 millilitres/hour while the air at 100 psi and flows up to 1,500 litres/minute blasts swarf out of the hole.
The same applies when investing in a wet bed water table. The top of the plate is no longer is submerged in fluid from the cutting table and the same lubricant and high-pressure air is used instead of flood and high-pressure coolant. Imagine how many parts are processed each year and the number of parts that need to be wiped clean and dry before paint marking takes place.
We all look at developing our business. Fabricators who place orders with steel service centres do so with the supplier that marks plates accurately and uses the latest standard water-based paint marking pen that is compatible with any galvanising quality procedure. A structural steel fabricator purchasing 450 tonnes of add on parts per year may have two full-time staff sorting these from their internal or external plasma cutting machines. Schedule and costs can be improved when adding on parts can be identified effectively and efficiently.
RELATED CASE STUDIES & WHITE PAPERS
- Guaranteed ways to avoid buying the wrong plasma cutting machine with drilling and extra machining capacity.
- Best practices for attracting NEW customers to your laser cutting business.
- Clear and unbiased facts about a CNC controller for a plasma cutting machine with drilling and extra machining capacity.
- Avoid costly mistakes that affect bid/win drilling contracts and ROI.
- Best practices to ensure the plasma machine specification meet performance outcomes and provide a competitive advantage.
- Guaranteed ways to ensure your strategy to invest in a plasma machine will close the gap the investment was intended to meet.
- A guide to specifying the correct coolant delivery systems for a plasma cutting and drilling machine with extra machining capacity.
- Discover the secrets as to why the market is trending away from automatic percussion marking and moving back to paint marking.
- How to dominate your niche with the best quality, schedule and cost when deploying this coolant delivery system for drilling.
- Guaranteed no stress strategy for selecting plasma cutting nesting software.
- Your most burning questions answered about wet or dry plasma cutting table.
- You are not alone in specifying a CNC controller and PLC that has built-in redundancy.
- Secrets to increasing capacity and schedule to complete tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Avoid the deadly sins when using a boutique machine tool builders home brand nesting and programming software.
- Worth fighting for, a plasma cutting machine tool builder with cost-effective remote diagnostic support.